Club President / Staff Coach
Curt was DOC of Stampede from 2003-2008 Stampede Soccer Club and was very instrumental in the devolvement of the club. When joining Stampede in 2003 the club had 8 teams. When he left, there were 28 teams. Curt created programs to promote youth soccer development including Mini Stampede which several quality players came through. In 2006, he won a State Cup title with his B-13 team. In 2008, Curt created Freedom FC with one G-12 silver team. Five years later, Freedom FC has grown to a 30+ teams in the Club. Curt also took the first G-12 team from Silver to Premier level.
Curt started playing soccer at the age of 5 and was a natural. He began his club career at the age of 9. He won several tournaments, including a State title at U-16. He was a four-year Varsity starter in High School and two time captain. At 17, he made Team USA’s U-18 team and was heading for Europe to play for 3 months. Unfortunately, while playing his senior year in high school, suffered a career ending back injury.
Curt has been married for 20 years and has two sons. His wife, Rei-na, is his biggest supporter. Their two boys have followed in his footsteps playing the game. Their oldest son, Gage, is a tremendous player and has won a youth state title and collegiate state title. Their youngest son, Garrett, is an amazing player and plays for Freedom FC on the U-14 Premier team.
There are two places Curt would want to be…at the lake with his family or on the pitch!
Girls Director of Coaching
G02 - Head Coach
G03 - Head Coach
B05 - Asst. Coach
Ontario High School Girls Varsity
Freedom FC G97 Blue - Gold
Freedom FC G02
Freedom FC G97 State Cup Champions and Regional Qualifier
2014/15 - Calsouth State Champs GU17
1994-1998 - Loara High School Varsity 4 years
1999 - Fullerton College (team captain)
2000 - Cypress CC (team captain)
1999 - OC Zodiac reserve (A-League)
2000 - OC Waves reserve (A-League)
2001 - Guerreros de Acapulco (Mexico 2nd Div)
2001 - Pachuca (Mexico 3rd Div.)
2002-2003 - Leon AC (Mexico 2nd Div.)
2012 - Fullerton Rangers (NPSL 3rd Div.)
Boys Director of Coaching
- Played for LA Legends of the Premier Developmental League
- Injuries sidelined and retired
CAL STATE FULLERTON:
- 4 year scholarship for soccer
- Played for the Titan’s
US NATIONAL TEAM:
- Member of u16 u17 US National Team in residency program down in Bradenton FL.
- Traveled all over the world playing for the National Team in tournaments.
- One of the top players in Southern California in 2002 along with twin brother Mario for Coach Juan Sanchez at Diamond Ranch High School in Diamond Bar...
- CIF Player of the Year as a senior... Four-year letterman...
- Missed part of his sophomore season to play for the U-17 national team...
- Team MVP as a junior and offensive player of the year as a freshman.
Father of a son and a baby daughter.. Has an older brother, Ricardo, as well as a twin, Mario...Played club soccer with JUSA... Has also played for the U-16 and U-17 National Teams including six months in residency on the latter... Enjoys music and friends.
Class "E" License
Freedom FC B01 Blue (Tier 1)
Freedom FC B06 (Tier 2)
- Freedom FC: 2013-present
- Chino Hills high school: 2015-present
- La Verne University Assistant Coach: 2016- present
- Ayala High School: 2010-2015
- Santa Monica Community College Assistant Coach: 2015
- Physical Fitness Trainer and Physical Therapy Assistant with Fitness Advantage: 2011-2014
- Personal Coach since 2009
- Cal Poly Pomona: 2010-2015
- Cal State Bakersfield: 2009-2010
- PDL with LA Blues and Southern California Seahorses: 2011-2013
- USL U20 Super League with Beach FC:2011
- Beach Soccer: Hawaii 5-0, SoCal FC: 2011-2013
- Arlington High School:
- 1st Team All League, 2nd Team All County, and 2nd Team All CIF junior year
- 1st Team All League, All County, and All CIF senior year
- Offensive MVP of league senior year
- ESPN Rise magazine starting forward in 2009 All California Team
Ky E. Kugler, EdD, ATC
Senior Associate Dean
Class E License
Kugler is one of the original coaches and co-organized the club’s first U11 boys team club with club president, Curt Jensen, in 2007. This team continues today as a Flight 1 – 1998 team. He also started and trained the 2002 Blue team for 3 years, which is also a Flight 1 – 2002 team in the SCDSL. Kugler’s current team, 2002 Green is playing the 2016 season in Flight 1 – Europa North.
Kugler has coached at all age levels, but truly enjoys developing younger teams for the club by stressing a commitment for playing soccer with passion and good sportsmanship.
Goalkeeper Trainer / Staff Coach
Class "E" License
Freedom FC B02
Freedom FC G06
Coaching and Playing Experience:
Freedom FC’s Goalkeeper Trainer and Staff Coach since 2008
- Began playing soccer in So-Cal since 8 years old.
- Played as a Keeper and also played on the field as a defender/midfieilder.
- Began Coast career with Club Pomona then Ontario Jets and ended with ArsenalFC.
- Played local HS socccer Diamond Ranch under Juan Sanchez and our very own Coach Ray Ramirez.
- College soccer at Mt. SAC and won State Championships
Larry Dube grew up in South Africa where playing soccer came second nature to him. As a professional player, his career spanned over 16 years and traversed 3 continents. He began playing with the Dynamos of South Africa before signing with Bundesliga 2 Team Vfb-Lubic of Germany. Next it was on to Holland to play for the Dutch outfit NEC-75. Then a nostalgic move back to South Africa to play one more season for his former side, the Dynamos, before heading to the United States. Once in the U.S., Larry quickly made a name for himself playing in the World Indoor Soccer League for the Arizona Thunder before the league folded. The league eventually saw a resurrection in the form of the Major Indoor Soccer League and the famed South African soccer player donned his cleats for the illustrious Dallas Sidekicks.
After leaving professional soccer as a player, Larry turned his immense soccer knowledge and skill set to the ranks of coaching youth soccer. He has quickly become one of the most respected coaches in the Southern California club soccer circuit, having developed a reputation for putting together championship caliber sides. More importantly, his ability to develop players is validated by the growing number of players he has been able to place in the collegiate and professional ranks.
USSF F License
Cal South E License
ARC First Aid and CPR Certified
B07 - Flight 2
Freedom FC 2013 - Present
Hi my name is Nick Medaris. I have been with FFC since 2013. I have a Cal South E license and I am first aid and CPR trained by American Red Cross. My main focus with my players is to work to develop their skills and knowledge of the game in every training session and game. This is done through well planned and organized training sessions, communication with players and parents, and most importantly having a fun, positive soccer experience.
- "E" License
- 17 Years playing experience
- 5 years training / coaching
- State Cup Champion @ Club and College Level
- Currently playing for LA United (PDL)
Coach MIke is a native of Chino Hills and went to Canyon Jr. High and Ayala High School. Mike started with Chino Hills AYSO, played College in Arizona and started his professional career at Portland Timbers. From there he signed with LA Galaxy and after his years as a professional, he is dedicating his life in the development and mentorship of kids.
|2006–2008||Los Angeles Galaxy||39||(0)|
|2007||→ California Victory (loan)||5||(0)|
|2009||Los Angeles Legends||10||(0)|
|2011||Los Angeles Blues||39||(2)|
|2012||Ventura County Fusion||1||(0)|
|2007||United States U23||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of August 31, 2015.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of August 5, 2012