Club President / Staff Coach
Curt was DOC of Stampede from 2003-2008 Stampede Soccer Club and was very instrumental in the devolvement of the club. When joining Stampede in 2003 the club had 8 teams. When he left, there were 28 teams. Curt created programs to promote youth soccer development including Mini Stampede which several quality players came through. In 2006, he won a State Cup title with his B-13 team. In 2008, Curt created Freedom FC with one G-12 silver team. Five years later, Freedom FC has grown to a 30+ teams in the Club. Curt also took the first G-12 team from Silver to Premier level.
Curt started playing soccer at the age of 5 and was a natural. He began his club career at the age of 9. He won several tournaments, including a State title at U-16. He was a four-year Varsity starter in High School and two time captain. At 17, he made Team USA’s U-18 team and was heading for Europe to play for 3 months. Unfortunately, while playing his senior year in high school, suffered a career ending back injury.
Curt has been married for 20 years and has two sons. His wife, Rei-na, is his biggest supporter. Their two boys have followed in his footsteps playing the game. Their oldest son, Gage, is a tremendous player and has won a youth state title and collegiate state title. Their youngest son, Garrett, is an amazing player and plays for Freedom FC on the U-14 Premier team.
There are two places Curt would want to be…at the lake with his family or on the pitch!
Boys Director of Coaching
- Played for LA Legends of the Premier Developmental League
- Injuries sidelined and retired
CAL STATE FULLERTON:
- 4 year scholarship for soccer
- Played for the Titan’s
US NATIONAL TEAM:
- Member of u16 u17 US National Team in residency program down in Bradenton FL.
- Traveled all over the world playing for the National Team in tournaments.
- One of the top players in Southern California in 2002 along with twin brother Mario for Coach Juan Sanchez at Diamond Ranch High School in Diamond Bar...
- CIF Player of the Year as a senior... Four-year letterman...
- Missed part of his sophomore season to play for the U-17 national team...
- Team MVP as a junior and offensive player of the year as a freshman.
Father of a son and a baby daughter.. Has an older brother, Ricardo, as well as a twin, Mario...Played club soccer with JUSA... Has also played for the U-16 and U-17 National Teams including six months in residency on the latter... Enjoys music and friends.
Goalkeeper Trainer / Staff Coach
Class "E" License
Freedom FC B02
Freedom FC G06
Coaching and Playing Experience:
Freedom FC’s Goalkeeper Trainer and Staff Coach since 2008
- Began playing soccer in So-Cal since 8 years old.
- Played as a Keeper and also played on the field as a defender/midfieilder.
- Began Coast career with Club Pomona then Ontario Jets and ended with ArsenalFC.
- Played local HS socccer Diamond Ranch under Juan Sanchez and our very own Coach Ray Ramirez.
- College soccer at Mt. SAC and won State Championships
- "E" License
- 17 Years playing experience
- 5 years training / coaching
- State Cup Champion @ Club and College Level
- Currently playing for LA United (PDL)